Flap boxes are the most frequently chosen type of cartons. Due to their simple construction and versatility, they are used in every industry. Flap boxes are perfect for protecting products and ensuring their easy transport.
Standard models of flap boxes
Packaging from the fefco catalog from the 200 to 203 models are the most popular carton models. They have a very simple structure in the form of a cube. It is a packaging that we usually see in our surroundings. It works perfectly as a unit package that can be embedded in the bulk packaging of the same structure. You can use handy transport handles (hand holes) in flap packs.
Advantages of flap boxes:
- low price,
- ease of personalization,
- a large selection of sizes,
- ease of folding,
- they are perfect for transport.
Size of flap boxes
Flaps can be ordered in any size without the need to purchase the appropriate production tools (punching dies). Subsequent orders can be modified in terms of size and used cardboard.
Raw materials for the production of flap boxes
The raw material used for the production of boxes is ecological and easy to process in recycling processes. In the selection of the most optimal raw material, please contact the Customer Service department, which will match the appropriate material for your products.
How to choose the right cardboard?
In order for the carton to withstand the load and effectively protect the stored or transported product, it must be made of durable cardboard. In choosing the right raw material, an important role is played by determining the parameters of the carton and the goals it is supposed to fulfill. Factors affecting the selection of the appropriate cardboard:
- carton size,
- weight and features of the packaged product,
- transport (by sea, cold store, heated warehouses, unheated warehouses, courier and whole pallet shipping, etc.)
- the quality of the print and the destination of the print.
Type of raw materials
We produce flap cartons from the following raw materials:
- Corrugated cardboard 3-layer wave E, B, C, F with a weight of 280 gr / m2 to 710 gr / m2. The thickness of cardboard from 2 - 4 mm (some customers call this one-layer because of one waving).
- Corrugated cardboard 5-layer wave BC EB EF EE weight from 480 gr / m2 to 1450 gr / m2 from 4 mm to 7 mm (some customers call it a 2-layer cardboard due to two waves).
- 4-layer corrugated board with visible external wave EB FE EE from 3mm to 4mm.
- Laminated corrugated cardboard - thickness depending on the wave type. The cardboard can be white on one or both sides
- Recycled solid or bleached cardboard from 350 - 600 gr / m2 thickness 0.5 mm - 2 mm.
Boxes with print
There is a possibility of applying flexographic printing on the surface of the cardboard. We make small, simple one-color prints, as well as several-colored prints, on any chosen surface of the packaging.
We also make advanced prints using the CMYK color palette on the whole surface of the cardboard.
We can also make boxes with offset printing - laminated, which are characterized by the highest quality and are extremely effective.
We can additionally secure the cardboard with a high slip varnish to protect it from attrition.
Minimum order quantities
Our machine park allows you to carry out thousands of orders. In our offer we also have items permanently available in our warehouse, thanks to which we can realize even immediate deliveries of standard carton models.
Packing and transport
Depending on the client's requirements, the packaging can be packed in the following form:
- collective cartons
Unit packages are sealed in packages of 10 pieces / 20 pieces or in accordance with the Customer's guidelines.
We provide our clients with comfortable delivery conditions. Bearing in mind the cost of transport, we strive to offer the most economical solution.
We offer the following forms of supply::
- Personal collection - picking up an order from the warehouse
- Own transport - we deliver goods to the customer
- External transport - we organize transport using courier and forwarding services
- Storing the goods - at the Customer's request, we can store the goods in our warehouses, enabling customers to collect certain lots of orders at convenient times.
The deadline for orders
The standard delivery time is 8 - 12 business days.
The term depends on the availability of the raw material and the production process.
We also understand the need for an urgent situation and, in urgent matters, we support materials that are always available in our warehouse. Thanks to this, we can complete the order faster.
The prices of exemplary packaging realizations available in stock can be seen in our tab available in stock
Flap boxes with a complex structure
We also offer flap cartons with non-standard designs. Flap carton models 204 to 231 from the fefco catalog are characterized by an unusual construction. A punch is required for their production. These packages are characterized by additional advantages such as:
- semi-automatic closing of the bottom or top closed by a flap with a zip - the use of adhesive tape is required to close the box,
- additional compartments to better protect the goods,
- truss, which allows you to separate individual elements from each other and reduces the risk of damage to eg bottles in transport,
- additional reinforcement of the packaging structure to accept higher loads.
On the walls of flap boxes, you can cut out various shapes, but it is necessary to buy a die, for example:
- adding ventilation holes for proper air circulation inside the package,
- adding perforations to make a simple product display from a simple packaging.
Closing the flap carton
The packaging can be closed using adhesive tape or a special stapler.
Do you want to know the cost estimate of your order?
We will evaluate your project within 48 hours
Waps-Kart Sp. z o.o. Sp. k.
Szyby Rycerskie 22e
Tax ID: 6452293937
Customer service office
tel./fax: +48 32 284 96 54
tel.: +48 32 380 20 61
mobile phone: +48 505 102 906
open from 7:00 to 15:00